Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Southwest Roadtrip with my Diana Camera.

On a recent roadtrip through the Southwest I had a chance to test out my Christmas present from the wife...a Diana camera! I have several Holga's, an Olympus Pen ee split frame camera and the usual DSLR's so the Diana was new fun! My trip took me through 2 time zones, 4 states and over 2,200 miles. Here are a few of the photos from my travels.

The Diana operates in the same manner as the Holga. It takes medium format film and you get vignetting and light leaks. It has that 1970's photo quality minus the rounded edges. There are 3 focus settings and you have the option to keep the shutter open for long exposures. It's a great looking camera with its retro blue and black color.


Twin Arrows, Arizona


Twin Arrows, Arizona


Blank Sign, New Mexico


Blank Sign, Arizona


Motel Pool Yucca, Arizona


Teepee Motel Route 66, Holbrook, Arizona


Box Truck Gallup, New Mexico


Whiting Bros. Yucca, Arizona


Whiting Bros. Grants, New Mexico


Closed/Cerrado Winslow, Arizona


On the highway, Route 40, New Mexico


Double D Tires, Flagstaff, Arizona


For Lease Kingman, Arizona


Gas Mart, Holbrook, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment