Thursday, January 14, 2010

A few of my favorite things.

This May will mark the two year anniversary of the passing of Robert Rauschenberg. Rauschenberg has had a huge impact on why I am an artist. His compositional ideas make perfect sense to me. He put structure in chaos and it became silent and perfect. He could take trash and reconfigure it to make it art. He saw beauty where others saw nothing. A quote that struck me hard was "Art is everywhere". I believe this is true if you keep your eyes open and mind free. Here are a few of his pieces that are a reminder of how great his work is.



















2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob

    Awesome stuff!... Just wanted to say I'm a fan of your work and look forward to your posts. I have discovered lots of great artists and always quench my thirst for inspiration from your posts.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Rauschenberg is the reason I became a collage artist. I started out doing watercolors in the 70's but once I had seen a Rauschenberg in NYC I never looked back. I miss him....

    ReplyDelete